Friday, February 23, 2007

Why you ask?

So, I'm sure you are wondering why a 34 year old father of two would start a blog. I'm not real sure, but there are a few reasons why I'm crazy enough to start.

1) Need to tune my writing skills. I'm way out of practice.
2) Cure for my insomnia
3) Keep family up to date as to what's going on up north here in Michigan.
4) Once the weather gets nice, it would be cool to post descriptions of bike rides. That's the real reason I thought I'd try. There are a lot of really good routes around here and I'd like to try my hand at verbally describing them. Painting a picture of the area.
5) Practice for the book Ruth and I plan to write. Our idea is to ride Amtrak, get off where it looks nice, ride a few days, and get back on to go somewhere else. Of course this will have to be retirement, but the way I write, I better start learning how to write now.

So that's just a few reasons why I thought I'd start this. We'll see where it goes.

No comments: